ROBOTICS / AUTOMATION ENGINEER
We are seeking a qualified, motivated individual to join our company as an Automation Technician/Engineer. As part of our team, you will assist in designing and maintaining manufacturing processes for use/used in production and manufacturing. You will collaborate with colleagues to determine existing automation capabilities and future opportunities, creating detailed project road maps for automation projects that support our business objectives. Our ideal candidate has several years of experience in engineering with a focus on automation, electrical engineering, or a relevant field and have significant mechanical skills. Superb problem-solving and communication skills are also recommended.
The automation technician/engineer will be involved in the troubleshooting, service/repair and maintenance of PLC controlled systems and devices used within the facilities. Duties require knowledge of electronics, mechanics and computers and may involve analyzing the layout of equipment, workflow and assembly methods, determining the parts, equipment, and tools needed to design, program and test automated machinery and processes in order to complete or control the production and delivery of products and services according to product specifications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and/or implement automated systems for use in the manufacturing and production environment.
- Install, maintain, and replace automation systems at key points in the production process.
- Assist in creation of new products, work processes, and any other manufacturing needs.
- Repair or redesign malfunctioning equipment.
- Assess and analyze current manufacturing processes.
- Devise and implement cost saving measures.
- Design and fabricate new tools, machines, equipment, etc.
- Frequently test all equipment for safety and effectiveness.
- Troubleshoot non-functioning components including servos, sensors, and control components.
- Support existing automation technology with component and process upgrades.
- Assist with trials coordination.
- Contributes to departmental efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or deemed necessary based on the needs of the business.
IF THAT SOUNDS LIKE YOU, HERE’S WHAT WE NEED IN TERMS OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree with relevant industrial experience.
- 5+ years manufacturing experience required.
- Computer proficient; confident using common desktop programs, for example Microsoft Office.
- Experience using Autodesk Inventor software.
- Solid understanding of PLC programming and software development, testing and validation (RSLogix 500/5000).
- Ability to read and create electrical, hydraulic and pneumatics schematics.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests.
- Creative thinking skills.
- Detail-oriented personality.
- Excellent manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude with machine building experience
- Ability to communicate well to other members of the development team.
- Experience in a production environment, particularly as it relates to automation technology and the design and implementation of automated systems, especially as related to manufacturing.
- Superb communication and organizational and problem-solving skills.
Job Type: Full-time